The 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package, the model that you have been waiting, coming soon. Ford claims to have sold nearly 740,000 SUVs in the year 2015 with its Explorer sales increasing by more than 18 percent compared to last few years. Currently, the automaker offers 5 trims in this section and to provide strong competition to the likes of Dodge Durango and AMC Acadia; Ford has started inter-breeding its trims. As a result, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package is all set to be marketed soon.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package – Unique Feature
XLT is the second lowest version in Ford’s Explorer line-up. This package adds that aggressive and muscular look of the range-topping Sport trim to the XLT. With this add-on, expect the 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package to come with:
- 20-inch Magnetic Gray wheels, which was earlier exclusive to the Sport. This will enhance XLT’s bulky look and provide better off-road manoeuvring.
- Side mirrors will come with Magnetic Gray mirror caps to match the tire color. However, it will continue to house those LED indicators.
- XLT will also have a new side cladding with an Ebony Black shade. This will be larger than the previous XLT’s and add an intimidating look.
- Also, XLT will shed its previous three-bar design front grille and will now have Sport’s Magnetic Gray grille design. The word “Explorer” will sit proudly above this grille.
- XLT with Sports Appearance package will also boast a black roof rail. The rear end will also receive modifications with a thin chrome bar sitting between the two taillights.
The 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with Sport Appearance Package may also come with a bulkier front bumper, a lower nose line, curvier side features and other aerodynamic features. Going by Ford’s words, the XLT with this package will completely be a new model on offer in the Explorer series.
In addition to changes in its external appearance, XLT is likely to have changes made to its cabin as well when this Sport Package is added to it. Expect this new 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package to come draped with Earth Gray upholstery. The rear seats, however, may see a darker shade of Earth Gray presenting a contrast to the cabin. Also, Ford is likely to put in some premium quality stitching all around the SUV’s interiors.
The 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with Sport Appearance Package may also come with a new set of floor mats which may boast the Explorer logo. A new shade of color and material may also be used on the door panels. Also, expect it to house leather bolsters.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package – Engine
Although the Platinum series recently received Sport’s 365 hp engine with EcoBoost features, XLT with Sport package is unlikely to receive any such improvements in its powertrain. This new-look XLT will retain the V6 engine with natural aspiration features. This will develop a power of around 290 hp.
A more fuel economic engine in the form of EcoBoost inline-four V6 will be made available by the automaker for its new 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package trim. EPA will stand at 17 mpg city and 24 mpg on highways. Also, this engine will rev a power of around 280 hp. All other powertrain specifications are likely to remain the same as the standard XLT.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package – Price
The base version of XLT costs around $34,295. This 2017 Explorer XLT along with a Sport package may see the tag go up to $44,195. Ford has already declared what all will it include in this 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package. Read on to find out.