The current Denali SUVs were first launched in 1992 and had seen four generations of evolution since then. With strong competition from the likes of Ford Expedition and Nissan Armada, GMC is all set to release a better version in the form of 2017 GMC Yukon Denali.
2017 GMC Yukon Denali – Exterior Expectations and Luxurious Interior Design
The front fascia of 2017 GMC Yukon Denali will house the automaker’s exclusive massive grille. It will be box-shaped with thick chrome linings and will sport an interlocked mesh design. Chrome finishing will also be seen on door moulding, window surroundings, fog lamps and assist steps. Also, the following modifications can also be expected:
- Headlights might be enlarged this time with HID (High-intensity discharge) fittings.
- LED turn signals will be installed. GMC will also equip the GMC Yukon Denali 2017 with daytime running lights.
- The 20-inch aluminium wheel will come as standard. GMC will provide options for a bigger 22-inch wheel frame with silver paint finish.
- Driver’s seat will have both heating and ventilation features while second-row seats will also receive heating features.
Expect the steering to be telescopic and heated. Also, GMC promises acoustic laminated glasses for active noise cancellation.
Infotainment and technology
The dashboard of 2017 GMC Yukon Denali will come with an 8-inch LCD screen. This will have sync to the car’s audio system, cabin temperature sensors, air pressure monitoring system and rearview cameras. Also, the LCD behind the steering wheel will have media sync along with voice-activated navigation features.
GMC is likely to install the following safety features in this new SUV:
- Adaptive cruise control with forward collision detection system. This will employ sonar technology to detect an obstacle and automatically divert the car.
- Side sensors for Blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning.
- Cross traffic alert along with pedestrian detection system.
- Forward Automatic Control which is designed to apply the brakes automatically at low speeds.
The 2017 GMC Yukon Denali will also sport remote access features via a smartphone. Keyless entry options will also be available. Glass-break sensors and alert systems will be installed as well.
Under the hood of 2017 GMC Yukon Denali
This SUV from General Motors will come with the automaker’s 6.2-liter V8 EcoTec3 engine. GMC claims that with this powertrain, the GMC Yukon Denali 2017 will have the following things on offer:
- Power output capacity will be around 420 hp while its torque output capacity will be 460 lb-ft.
- A quieter operation will be ensured by GMC’s Advanced Direct Injection technology. This is likely to improve the fuel efficiency of the engine as well.
- Also, the powertrain will have Active Fuel Management features that will shut off four of its eight cylinders based on load demands.
- GMC promises a towing capacity of around 8,400 pounds by its new 2017 GMC Yukon Denali.
A base model will also be released in this section housing a 5.3-liter V8 engine. Power delivery, in this case, will be limited to 355 hp while its torque output will be around 383 lb-ft. Both engine versions will be mated with an 8-speed automatic transmission system. The fuel efficient 6.2-liter unit will deliver an EPA of around 15 mpg in city and 22 mpg on highways.
2017 GMC Yukon Denali – Release Date and How Much will Cost?
It is likely to be marketed in the last quarter of 2016 and may come with a price tag of around $65,000. GMC promises a host of technical installations along with other design features.